Local News in Hood County

“Information for the people, by the people”

Recent Articles

Sheriff Roger Deeds Letter to Citizens of Hood County

Sheriff Roger Deeds Letter to Citizens of Hood County I am proud to announce that I have been reelected for my fourth term as the Hood County Sheriff. I want to thank all my supporters and everyone that prayed for me and all my employees at the Sheriff’s Office. It...

Submission: Oath Keepers Emerge In Hood by Nate Criswell

Submission: Oath Keepers Emerge In Hood by Nate Criswell

Submitted By Nate Criswell | 2/22/2020 A chapter of Oath Keepers will soon be operational in Hood County. “There’s a strong base of patriots here,” according to Constable John Shirley, who has been a dues-paying Oath Keeper for more than a decade. “This isn’t downtown...

Beware of Scammers

Beware of Scammers

Beware of Scammers Some citizens of Hood County have been receiving multiple calls from scammers stating they are with the US Government Social Security Office. The scammer will make threats of having you arrested and placed in prison on a debt that is owed. Please...

Sheriff Roger Deeds Letter to Citizens of Hood County I would like to respond to the Hood County News article titled “DA: Ethics complaints against Sheriff sent to AG Office” in the February 8th, 2020 issue. On Saturday, February 8, 2020, an article was published in...

News Release 1-13-20 Sheriff Roger Deeds letter to citizens of Hood County I would like to respond to the Hood County News article titled “Number crunch” in the January 11th, 2020 issue. I find it comical that the HCNews is trying to make me look bad by complaining...